Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.
Read more: http://www.blogdoctor.me/2009/01/random-rotating-post-gadget-with.html#ixzz1X8tUqQzR

Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Day of Rest, Can I Afford It?





  Wow, I don't even know where to start; I've never been busier and more tired in my life!  I was expecting school to be a shock but this is just crazy!  For the last two weeks, I haven't had hardly a chance to sit down and relax once!  The few times I've taken some time to relax, the whole time I'm thinking to myself, "you should be studying, the test is coming up, you NEED to study!"  So, as it goes, even my "relaxing" time has been full of things to do.  Today, I am hoping to be able to just stay at home, and relax, before Monday rolls around and the chaos starts again.

  I have been studying non stop over the last two weeks, and it's wearing me out faster than anything.  My usual weekday is to get up at five, or sometimes four thirty, go to the gym, come home and study for half an hour to an hour, then head to class for nine o'clock.  My teacher always starts the lesson promptly at nine, and there's hell to pay if you're not there on time, literally.  If you arrive late, it's expected and custom that you donate a "late fee" to a charity jar they have.  I was shocked when he told us that rule but I must say it's a good one; I haven't been late once yet.
  Three hours of lectures and presentations from 9-12 usually; sometimes we go to the gym and are shown exercises there, yet we still have to take notes.  Come noon, I have a bunch of reading to do, followed by questions.  This test I am taking (actually it's a series of them to get certified) isn't going to be easy, and I need to do well, therefore I am putting everything I have into studying.  What this usually means is that I am at school for class in the morning, and stay there until six in the evening studying afterwards.  After nine or ten hours of sitting at a desk reading, I am pretty much done for.   I take a two or three hour break, in which I have to go home, eat dinner, cook all my food for the next day, then go to the gym for two hours.
   I'm home by nine-ish, then it's right back to studying until I can't keep my eyes open, which has been around ten thirty. It's an ironic situation; I have been going to bed earlier and getting a whopping six and a half to seven hours sleep a night, yet I've never been as tired as I am now.  It's crazy how tired I am, yet it's a good life.   I'm learning about something I love and find it all fascinating; the other day I sat through a three hour lecture on biomechanics, and loved every second of it, even if it was confusing.  My teacher is great, my classmates are awesome; I am very pleased indeed that I decided to do this.
   My unpacking has been put on hold for the moment; I have no clue when I'm going to have time to unpack everything.  For now, I have five massive boxes scattered around my bed and desk.  I am hoping I will be able to find time to unpack soon, but in reality I probably won't do it until December, when this course is over; I don't really use anything in the boxes in my everyday life anyways. Yet I really want to just get my room set up, so I can relax in it without looking around at all the work that needs to be done.
  In addition to all this, I have a roommate moving in on the first week of October I believe.  She's a very nice lady and I think we'll get on great; nevertheless, there's also a million things to be done in respect to that as well.  Yes, it's a very very very busy life at the moment, but I am loving every second of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment