Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.
Read more: http://www.blogdoctor.me/2009/01/random-rotating-post-gadget-with.html#ixzz1X8tUqQzR

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Bye Bye Summer; September's Here

 


 


  Wow, I can't believe summer is actually over!  I thought it would never end; this has been one of the longest summers of my life!  Now, comes the fall months; the dreaded cold, the long awaited school, and the molding of my future.  It's going to be an interesting year for sure.

  There's a lot of changes for me to get used to in the upcoming months; new job yet again, forty hours a week of class, living with a roommate, and of course my ongoing love woes.  It's something that's going to be a shock to my system, a big shock; nevertheless, I welcome it with open arms.
  Up at UBC the other day, the feel of Academia was in the air.  Classes are starting there in just a few days, and students are already bustling around getting ready and enjoying the last few days of freedom before the hard work hits them. I was walking around looking for jobs and I just had to stop by the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre (a beautiful library).  The architecture of that place always amazes me; it's absolutely stunning.  That library is truly a place truly a place to lose yourself in for hours at a time.  
  As well as the back to school feelings for everyone, the weather is getting worse, much to my dismay.  I am hoping for a wonderful fall this year, but living in Vancouver as I am, that is not possible.  Yet school is starting for me in less than two weeks, and I am whole heartily looking forward to it.  In the meantime, I am trying to get over this cold that I have, as well as find another job before I become broke.
  There's no where to go but forward from this point; forward to a new and exciting future, the building of my adult life.

No comments:

Post a Comment