Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.
Read more: http://www.blogdoctor.me/2009/01/random-rotating-post-gadget-with.html#ixzz1X8tUqQzR

Sunday, September 4, 2011

I Don't Want to Leave My Bed

Well, I am still sick; as it stands, I believe I may be getting worse.  Certainly, I am not getting better.   I was almost bed bound this afternoon as every time I got up, I would go into an uncontrollable coughing fit that felt like I was about to regurgitate a lung.  I've been sick for a few days now, yet I still have to show the apartment to prospective roommates; needless to say, there hasn't been a lot of joy in my last week.

  Oh the torment!  Why me lord, why me!   Alas, maybe that's an overstatement; nevertheless, I have been stuck in bed for the better part of the day, unable to control these coughing fits.   For the last two days, my cold has gotten way worse, my chest is in constant pain right now and my throat is burning with every breath.  It was so bad this afternoon that all I could do was lie in my bed, all the lights off to try and quell this headache that's been pounding as well.  
  All I wanted to do was sleep, yet as I can't go even five minutes without water right now otherwise I will bring a even larger hacking fit on myself, that was out of the question.  As well was going down to the beach for some fresh air; I simply need to have a constant water supply right now.
  Yet all this bed time is wrecking havoc on my muscles; almost every part of my body is sore right now from the lack of exercise, something that always happens to me when I'm sedentary.  As cardio is more or less out of the question right now, all I can do is try and look past the pain.    It's just one of those times you have to grit your teeth and wait for it to end.
   Nevertheless, as I am such an active person, it's not an easy thing to do.   As well, I am still in the middle of trying to get a roommate for my place, so I still have to answer emails and show people the place; I had two people come visit it today alone.  
   As much as I hated to be fired yet again from Vera's, I am glad I don't have to worry about work as well as everything else right now.  My job hunt has been virtually suspended since I've been sick, although I still have to go to a interview tomorrow afternoon.  Yet there's not much I can do right now; I'm certainly not going out everyday handing out resumes.  It would indeed be nice to get another job soon though as in a week when school starts I won't have any time for either job hunting or interviews.
   In the meantime, I have never been more bored in my life; that is when I'm not cursing under my breath over all the things I have to do while I'm sick.  I really really hope to find a roommate soon; there's one women that may move in yet she hasn't made up her mind yet, but my fingers are crossed.    On a positive note, I am thrilled to have discovered a very nice classical music station from LA.  I've been streaming it on my BlackBerry and it is just wonderful music.  At the end of the day, I am still thankful for all the small blessings in my life, as well as the bigger ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment