Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.
Read more: http://www.blogdoctor.me/2009/01/random-rotating-post-gadget-with.html#ixzz1X8tUqQzR

Monday, August 8, 2011

A New Exciting Start; Finally!

  Well, after a period of my life where I was just drifting along waiting for something to happen, it's finally here.  I've decided since I am out of work anyways right now and not having very much luck that I would go to school.  It's not glamorous, not a prominent university; I am going to a private fitness company to become a certified personal trainer.  I've been wanting to do this with my life for the last few years and every year it feels more right; this is what I was meant to do.
    It's a full time course, 9-5, five days a week for twelve long weeks.  After that I take a separate nutrition course.  It won't be easy, and I must say I am somewhat anxious about it; I haven't been in school for a long time and wasn't the most motivated student when I was.  Of course, I wasn't learning about something I have such a passion for either.  The classes are small, you get lots of support, and even get a free membership to the gym they train you in.  It doesn't start until September, which is coming on way faster then I would like (I don't want the sunshine to go away!).  Nevertheless, I am happy to finally be getting on with my life and working towards a plan for the future.
   I will be living on my own soon, and that means I am going to need extra money.  While I won't get full time work right away, I am told there are plenty of gyms always looking to hire new personal trainers.   It is also about time I learn more about nutrition, yet that won't be this term; one thing at a time.  It is my hope that taking this course will teach me the tricks and strategies I need to finally get into good shape and lose all this weight (I still need to lose a few inches on my waist).  Injury prevention will also be high on my list as it seems I have been riddled with one injury or another over the past four months.  Only now am I starting to get back to my full workouts again, and I am taking things very slowly.
  My life isn't the greatest right now; there's lot's of things I want to change and I still haven't made time yet to have that talk with myself I keep meaning to do.  Nevertheless, I'm still here living it, and have my wonderful cousins to get me through the stressful times and make me laugh.  Gotta love family!
  Even though I haven't started anything yet (not until September 12), my spirits are brightened that I am finally doing something with my life after all these years of first being a kid, and then the teens; finally my life seems to slowly be taking shape.  I can see the light at the end of the road, and the darkness is receding slowly, day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment