Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.
Read more: http://www.blogdoctor.me/2009/01/random-rotating-post-gadget-with.html#ixzz1X8tUqQzR

Saturday, August 27, 2011

What A Beautiful Day!

 Well, it's another stunning morning; while sunny and warm we also have a nice breeze, my kind of day!  I am planning to go down to the beach later this afternoon; even if to just sleep.  Yet knowing me, I will probably write for a few hours, until my laptop battery dies.  Yes, I am looking forward to this afternoon!

  I feel good today; I had a ton of sleep last night, I'm sitting on my deck in the shade, listening to my favorite radio station (Y-Hot) and in addition to going to the beach this afternoon, I will of course end my day at The Backstage Lounge.
  I had a little problem last night; I lost my cell phone while dancing!  I went to do some writing on this blog and of course needed my phone to use the internet.  Yet when I went to check my pocket, it was missing!  Oh No! I thought, not again!  Nevertheless, I wasn't all that worried; after the last time I lost it I bought a GPS tracker app for it.  So I knew that no matter what I would get it back.  First, the classic move; I borrowed the hostess's cell and called mine, walking around the bar trying to see my screen.  As it was extremely loud in there, I knew there was no chance of actually being able to hear it.  I always get that little feeling that somebody had stolen it; although if there's one thing I have learnt with cell phones, people always return them.  At least for me; maybe I'm just lucky.  Throughout my life, I can't count the number of times I've lost my phone.  Bad, Bad, Bad!  Seeing as this Blackberry costs six hundred dollars, you'd think I would be a bit more careful!  Anyways, all is well; I always have believed first and foremost that people are honest.
  One thing I must say I'm going to miss in September is not being able to spend my days at the beach, writing, or simply lying in the sun.  Yet I know that my career is important and as I've been saying am really looking forward to this course.  Nevertheless, if it's nice out I will have to find time to spend outside, at the beach.  Other than that one minor thing; I am brimming in anticipation to get this course started, to start working towards my dream job and dream body.
  I have someone coming to view the apartment today; I really hope he'll like it.  I am sooo sick of having to show people the place.  While I always love meeting new people, it's a pain in the ass to hang around waiting for them to show up; sometimes, like the other day, something came up and they had to cancel.  Ughhhh!  I just want to get this damn place rented!
   Yet, remembering what I was writing about last night, I need to be more grateful for the blessings I have in my life; for these little inconviences are not all that important, certainly not something to dwell over.  That's going to be my goal for September; spend time each day simply thanking God for all the blessings He's given me, instead of being negative about all the little things that bug me. I am sure it won't be easy, for I am a person who tends to get stuck on the little problems and stay there, but if my cousins can do an extreme diet for a month, I can certainly do this!    I am not sure if I will follow in their footsteps and do a post each day about it, but we'll see.  For when all's said and done, I have an awful lot to be grateful for; a lot.  For too many years I have been taking everything for granted; I need to stop doing that if I am to truly enjoy life.

He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.  ~Epictetus


No comments:

Post a Comment